Finally, Much-awaited OS of Apple has been released, and People are running to install it as soon as possible. I have updated my phone So here is the few points which i have noticed till now:
- Rich Notification and Quick Reply: Layout of Notifications has been completely changed, now it is much lighter shade with an animation effect. Quick reply available for notification, you can drag the banner to downside and reply from there also.
- Close multiple tabs in Safari: If you have multiple tabs open in the Safari browser, tap and hold the tab button on the bottom-right – you’ll see an option (in red) to close all tabs at once.
- Pick default numbers, email address for contacts
When you open any contact in the Contacts app, you’ll see four blue icons – Text, call, FaceTime, and email. If the contact has multiple phone numbers and email addresses you can now pick a default.
- People Album: New album called People has been added to the Photos album section which identifies all people in your library and makes a group of each person.
- Hide people from photo albums: If the People album contains people you’d rather not see then open the People album in Photos, tap Select on the top-right. Now select the people you want to hide, and tap Hide on the bottom-left.
- Raise to wake
This feature appears to be reserved for iPhone 6s or newer devices. To disable it head to Settings > Display and Brightness > disable Raise to Wake.
- Recent badge in call logs: Know someone with multiple numbers? You probably don’t remember which number to call them on. Open call logs, tap the i button next to the contact’s name and you’ll see a Recent badge next to the number you’ve called recently.
- Truecaller Widget: Now you can add truecaller widget by left swipe on the lock screen, then just copy unknown number go to the widget area, and it automatically displays the caller information.
And many minor Changes.
Must Read: iOS 10 Major Features
People are curious to install this update but have some doubt about how to update or restore my iPhone. So to make it an easy call, Here is the Guide to install iPhone Latest Update in no time.
- iPhone 5, iPhone 5s, iPhone 5c, iPhone SE, iPhone 6, iPhone 6 Plus, iPhone 6s, iPhone 6s Plus, iPhone 7, iPhone 7 Plus
- 9.7-inch iPad Pro, 12.9-inch iPad Pro, iPad Air 2, iPad Air, iPad 4, iPad mini 4, iPad mini 3, iPad mini 2
- iPod Touch 6th generation
2. iTunes Update:
If you are planning to update phone from iTunes, Please update iTunes to 12.5.1 recent update.
Backup can be made by two ways:
- Launch the Settings app from the Home screen.
- Tap on iCloud. Login to your iCloud account, if you haven’t already.
- Scroll down and tap on Backup.
- Tap on the On/Off toggle next to iCloud Backup to enable automatic backup.
- Connect your iOS device to a computer with the latest version of iTunes installed
- Click on the small Phone icon at left-hand upper side.
- Summary Tab will open, go to the backups click on the This Computer than Backup.
Recommended: Choose iTunes method as it is much stable and work on FTP.
Latest iOS Update can be Processed by mainly three ways, I am explaining all ways step by step.
1. Wireless Update:
This is the easiest way to upgrade your iPhone to latest iOS, simply follow this procedure:
- Connect your device to Power and connect it to any Wifi network.
- Now Open the Settings app and tap on General > Software Update.
- iOS will automatically check for latest updates and will inform you if any update is available.
- Tap Download and Install to apply the update.
- After the download completes go back to Settings > General > Software Update and then tap Install Now to install iOS 10 on your device.
2. iTunes OTA Update:
Please Update iTunes and make sure a high-speed internet connected to your system, Now ready to update your iOS device and follow these instructions:
Step 1: Connect your iOS device to your computer using a USB cable. Open iTunes and your device will be connected Automatically.
Step 2: Click on small Phone icon at the left top side of the iTunes.
Step 3: Summary tab will open then Click on the “Update”. If the iOS update is available, it will automatically download and update your device to latest iOS.
3. Manual Download and Update:
In this Process we have to download a suitable firmware file from reliable sources and then by using that file, we will install iPhone update.
Download iOS file from here: Download latest iOS for iPhone
Follow Step 1 and Step 2 as above mentioned.
- After downloading the firmware file, hold the Option key (Mac) or the Shift key (Windows) and click on the “Update”. Important: Do not click on the Restore button, it will erase your data or brick your iPhone.
- Then browse the location where the file has been downloaded, and select the file.
- You will get a popup message that iTunes will update your iPhone and will verify with Apple. Click on the Update button.
- After Selecting the file, iTunes will verify it, extract the software, prepare the device for the software update, and install the update.
- Do not disconnect your device until the update has finished. It can take a few minutes. Your device will be updated to latest iOS and reboot once or twice during the process.
Recommended: Use the third method to minimize the possibility of bricking the device.
Comment below if you have any doubt and need help regarding iPhone Update.
If you liked the information, then please connect with us on our Facebook Page.
Hi, This is Ajay Pandey. I am a Blogger, Tech Geek, Crypto-Investor, an Entrepreneur and an Intellectual Person. Technology is my passion and am trying to deliver my knowledge to this field. In Academics, I have Done Engineering and MBA (Marketing).