Star Cast: Sushant Singh Rajput, Anupam Kher, Kiara Advani, Disha Patani, Rajesh Sharma
Director: Neeraj Pandey
M.S.Dhoni-The Untold Story is a film which elaborates full version of our Captain’s Life in chronological order.
It’s all about Dhoni a one man army from childhood to his 2011 memorable shot. Film unveils some hidden truth of Dhoni’s life but also resist to not show any controversies of Dhoni.
This Biopic is not as good as it is looking in the trailer but a simple and common way of storytelling chosen to describe the cricket journey of our ” KAPTAAN SAHAB.”
- Sushant Singh Rajpoot is the soul of this movie.
- Few well-written scenes to show the misery of a TC cum Cricketer.
- Recalled the thrill of 2011 final.
- It’s Running time (185 minutes)
- Slow Second Half
- No scenes to reveal the Bad time of Dhoni
Coming from a middle-class family, Dhoni is forced to take up a job in railway and put his Cricketing dream on the sideline. After working as a ticket checker, how Dhoni decides to risk it all and give a full shot towards playing Cricket full time is how the first half establishes. Further on, the second half tackles his love life, his captaincy and his rise in International cricket.
In a Biopic, Script plays a vital role to explain every part of an individual. In this film script work has been performed by Director Neeraj Pandey himself and I must say he done that job excellently.
Story has no loopholes but in the hustle to present all Pages of Dhoni’s life, film becomes slow in the second half which causes a boredom.
Few Scenes are written Intelligently like:
- When he was playing football and asked to play Cricket, he replies ” Choti Ball Se Kaun Khelega.”
- While giving a trial for railways and told to be out then replied by ” Naukari ke liye Out thodi Honge.”
- In a Scene, a School Student roams on his cycle by chanting” Mahi Maar Raha Hai.”
- When asked coach to open the innings and he try to assure him for next match”Kamjor Team ke Against Score Karke kya Fayda.”
- After he left his TC job and tried to explain to his father that ” Khadagpur Me Job ki Security me fas k rah jaenge.”
Few Flaws are also there like:
- He was not even a cricket lover, but when batted first time he scores like a Master.
- There are Few shots in the films, which I have never seen from Dhoni’s bat.
- Two love song, few local matches, and honeymoon trip could be chopped easily to maintain the Versatility and Pace.
Sushant Singh Rajpoot has delivered the best performance of his career. He had adapted his gesture, style of talking, his stance and even his famous shots so well even Dhoni will admire him for his dedication level.
He Presented Dhoni’s journey from teenager wicketkeeper to the Best Finisher of the World so beautifully that you will feel and remember Dhoni in every scene.
Anupam Kher as the father of Dhoni shows his concern regarding his future which looks so naturally acted Role. Good Job Sir
Both Actresses (Kiara Advani, Disha Patani) has given a good performance according to role’s demand. Both are looking fabulous and gorgeous.
Rajesh Sharma, Kumud Mishra, and Bhumika Chawla has also done their part with full dedication.
Film is directed by Neeraj Pandey and being a fan of his skills, this time; I am really disappointed. Dhoni’s Biopic is is much on the downside if we compare it with Neeraj’s A Wednesday, Baby and special 26.
Neeraj has tried to reveal every chapter of his life which resulted as a major drawback of this film because it has increased the overall running time. Running time of 185 Minutes gives a feel of boredom and makes the film overstretched.
I must admire that Director succeeds in showing Dhoni’s Pathetic condition while stuck in between Railway job and Cricket Practice.
After the weak plot in the second half finally last 15 Minutes of the film recalls the old memories of 2011 Final match. That Sehwag’s LBW, Gambhir’s match saving innings, Dhoni’s decision to promote himself, Last Six of Dhoni and marching by lifting Sachin on the shoulders WOW a Goosebumps for every cricket Fan.
Beautifully executed that memorable moment which fills Indians with Pride and enthusiasm.
Music is appreciable specially Besabriyaan and Kaun Tujhe Track.
M.S.Dhoni-A Untold Story is not the best Biopic ever made, but it is a decent tale of India’s most Successful Indian Captain’s whole life till 2011.
It’s an incredible story of a middle-class boy from Ranchi who becomes the richest cricket player in the world. M S Dhoni – The Untold Story is strictly targeted at fans of the cricketer; Film is One time watch Go and decrypt the secret behind his first love and Helicopter Shot of Our “KAPTAAN SAHAB.”
Hi, This is Ajay Pandey. I am a Blogger, Tech Geek, Crypto-Investor, an Entrepreneur and an Intellectual Person. Technology is my passion and am trying to deliver my knowledge to this field. In Academics, I have Done Engineering and MBA (Marketing).