In India Engineering is termed as the Default course for a Science Student, whether you take admission at IIT or some Local University, It doesn’t matter.
Parents don’t think about the future or the interest of their child because according to them Engineers easily place in MNCs and went to the USA, “Kaun Samjhaye Ab Unhe”
According to Aspiring Minds National Employability Report, which is based on a study of more than 1,50,000 engineering students who graduated in 2015 from over 650 colleges, 80% of them are unemployable.
“Beta engineering kar lo, life set ho jayegi!”
This is what your parents, Dehradun waali didi, Pune waale tau jee, Kanpur waali aunty will tell you… but you’ll never hear an engineer say this.
Have you ever thought why? Because they know the exact scenario and hidden facts behind that good looking Course. Everyone thinks about Engineering that,
“4 saal engineering, 4 saal naukri, Fir TCS ki chokri, Aaal eej well!”
But know reality is quite far from it, Engineering can’t provide Jobs to everyone but these 4 Years teaches us some most important Life lessons:
1. Every cloud has a silver lining. The job market may be bleak but not the matrimony market.
Engineers get some of the best-arranged marriage proposals.
2. Life always has a solution. Not placed? Worry not, you can always become a professor.
Mug up the ‘guide’, vomit in class, repeat. No other job is so chilled out.
3. Every problem can be dealt with. ‘Backs’ are not the end of the world. They are just roadblocks.
Hell, Steve Jobs didn’t even complete college.
4. These roadblocks (read backs) just increase your resilience to fight back.
Because somehow or the other, you need to get that engineering degree.
5. There’s a positive side to everything. Case in point, ‘Year backs’. You get to be in the same class as that hot junior.
6. Believe in God. ‘Backs/Year backs’ won’t be too much to handle.
7. Sometimes, believing in Old Monk helps too.
For believers and atheists alike.
8. Life seldom gives second chances. Ask that girl in Computer Engineering out on a date now.
Because if you don’t, someone else will.
9. Love your work, and not the girl. Haters gonna hate. But Mech guys would agree with me. Lathes don’t ditch, only girls do.
10. Make the best of today. Mech girls, enjoy the attention while it lasts.
Girls in mechanical beware, you might be getting a lot of bhaav within the department but it’s a woman-eat-woman out there.
11. Live in the present. Once the exams are done, go party. There’s no point worrying now.
12. Having friends is priceless. Nothing beats flunking together.
13. Finish today’s work today. Xerox all your assignments right now.
14. Have realistic ambitions. Tumse na ho paayega.
15. Where there’s a will, there’s a way. You can still pass even if you begin studying one day before the exam.
16. When nothing works, just beg for some sympathy. It might just work. Like how a puppy face can help you sail through a viva.
17. The best friendships may not have the best beginnings. #Ragging.
18. Never underestimate anything in life. Maggi and coffee happened to the world for a reason.
Hunger pangs and staying awake cease to be problems anymore.
19. Act smart! Just tweak your seniors’ project to get a new one.
20. Splurge on girls, not books. Save money by taking ‘guide’ books from seniors.
21. Campus placements are overrated.
The best companies hardly come to college and the ones that do, don’t pay that well anyway.
22. There’s no point studying too hard because you wouldn’t be using much of what you studied anyway.
23. Also because you might just end up following the herd (loosely translates to ‘end up doing an MBA’).
24. An engineering degree may not fetch you an engineering job, but may get you that writer’s job.
Most of us may hate ourselves for doing engineering, but we have to admit that those 4 years were the best years we had. Period!
Comment below about your views on Engineering.
Hi, This is Ajay Pandey. I am a Blogger, Tech Geek, Crypto-Investor, an Entrepreneur and an Intellectual Person. Technology is my passion and am trying to deliver my knowledge to this field. In Academics, I have Done Engineering and MBA (Marketing).