A moment comes, which comes but rarely in history when we step out from the old to the new…India discovers herself again.” – Jawaharlal Nehru
On August 15, 1947, India won its independence from the British rule, and that independence is celebrated every year, although in a much more subdued form than on Republic Day.The
The Independence Day of India is much more than commemorating the anniversary of India’s free statehood. It is a moment of celebration, a day to pay tribute to the martyrs because of whose struggle and sacrifice we are breathing an air of freedom.
It is only one day when everyone’s thought process turned like a patriot, and you will easily listen to some Deshbhakti Songs on a loud pitch at nearby.
Only day when our flag is suddenly turned into fashion symbol, only day when we can purchase our flag without many hustles. Only day when selfies with flag trend on social media instead of Pout inside washroom showing iphone.
Only day when most of the DP on WhatsApp and FB turned into Tricolor, and who are not changing their DP, they are Traitor or Terrorist.
Only day when all Deshbhakts patrol on their bikes with flag in one hand and shouting “Bharat Mata ki Jay” basically these are the single one you trying to impress girls by creep activities and thinks that they are so cool.
Once again Modi ji walked on the ramp and addressed public from the top of Lal Quila, or made some more promises like previous years.
There are highlights of independence day Modi’s speech:
- I have tried to adopt the strategy of ‘Reform, Perform and Transform’; tried to avoid populism.
- There was a time when the government was surrounded by allegations, but now the government is surrounded by expectations.
- The country will not yield to terrorism and extremism; youth should avoid violence and return to the mainstream.
- We all have to fight against social evils, have to support social justice. Great leaders like Mahatma Gandhi, Ambedkar ji have always stressed on the need for social unity.
- It’s easy to keep account of the work done by the government, but it is difficult to have in-depth knowledge of those initiatives. Today, more than ‘Karya’, I want to talk about ‘Karya Sanskriti’ of the government.
- The charge is on the 125 crore people of India to convert this ‘Swaraj’ into ‘Surajya’. From Parliament to panchayats, gram pradhans to the prime minister, everyone has to fulfill their responsibilities. Only then will the dream of surajya come true.
- Our social unity is most important; division in the name of caste, creed hurts the country. Need to rise above all these issues.
- People of Balochistan, Gilgit and PoK have thanked me a lot in past few days, I am grateful to them.
- We have brought inflation rate below 6 per cent; I will continue to work to ensure food plate of poor is not affected by inflation.
- People are scared of income tax authorities, particularly middle-class families. We have to change this situation, and I will change it. Earlier, getting a passport used to take months, today it takes just a couple of weeks. Transparency is very important to ‘Surajya.’
Our PM has an art of public speaking but let’s see how much promises and measures are taken or fulfilled. Because from last two independence day promise are made and forget, according to a survey only 40% work has been done in 1 year which stated from Lal Quila last year.
So my question is simple, are they going to complete that 60% past work or start new works from 0. If latter is the plan to execute this year, then I must say ” Is baar bhi Hamara katega”.
Why Independent? Why is Proud to be Indian? Why our Bharat Mahaan? Why Bharat Mata ki jay?
Let’s take a view on few points and then think about above Questions:
- At present, around 330 million people in India are suffering a severe drought, which has caused an acute drinking water shortage crisis, especially in the states of Maharashtra and Telangana. Despite the media outcry and political assurances, it doesn’t change the fact that farmers don’t have enough water to drink, let alone to grow crops with. What does independence mean to them? But to help them Movie stars can come forward instead of Leaders because there is no political profit in this situation.
- With about 800 million people below the age of 35, India has the largest young population in the world but doesn’t have the infrastructure to sustain them. Data released by the Labour Bureau shows that there was a decline of 20,000 jobs across eight labour intensive sectors in the December quarter of 2015. Every year we listen to some speeches that, this year fucking number of jobs decrease the rate of unemployment but Congratulation in this sector we are continuously growing. This jobless growth puts a sour note on our praises of the nation’s growth story in light of Independence Day.
- Don’t stay outside at late night; You will be Raped. These type of phrase people use to warn girls. According to me, Rape is not a crime its just a fault. Yeah, Girls its your fault, as political research says women who wear a skirt are the leading cause of Rape, do you know why because men have eyes. You cannot stay out late at night for the fear of someone raped you on the streets while walking back home. You cannot dress “provocatively” (even if it just means wearing a knee length skirt and a top). You always need to keep a pepper spray in my bag. And then they talk about freedom, this the independence girls need.
- After 15 years of education, I have realized that cramming and memory power is what matters to do well in schools in India. Nobody expects you to actually “learn” or “gain knowledge” about anything. Young children are made to prepare for JEE and AIEEE from 8’th grade onwards. The insanely high expectations from parents and teachers force them to lose their minds and commit suicides.
- We’re in 2016. Love marriages are accepted in most families now. But the parents expect us to fall in love with boys of our own caste and community. As long as that expectation is full filled, they’re fine with love marriages, If not there is a term called “Honour Killing” (remember NH10). Means you will be sentenced to death by one of the family manners because you had committed a serious crime by loving someone in India.
- Digital India and Startup India, Do they really know the meaning of these terms. They have to understand to encourage youth towards digitization some measures regarding internet should be taken soon. India’s road to development with the use of internet has been tirelessly discussed. India’s GDP would increase by 1 trillion US dollars by 2020 if the entire population gets internet. Compared to the global median of 67 percent of the adult population having access to the internet, India’s figure remains at a low of 21 percent. According to Telecom Regulatory Authority of India’s (TRAI) report Mobile Internet in India 2015, only 9 percent of rural India has access to mobile internet. Will this rural population see independence from this inequality?
- Communal violence has simmered under the skin of India society and often erupts into riots. It is almost ironic compared to the nonviolent and collective resistance of our forefathers who fought for India’s freedom. According to data put out by the Centre in reply to a Lok Sabha question in February this year, there was a 17 percent rise in communal violence in 2015. At least 751 incidents were recorded.
- India has the largest undernourished and hungry population in the world. Because in India people drain their waste food into gutter instead of donating them to poor hunger ones. According to a report by the Food and Agriculture Organization of the United Nations, there are 194.6 million undernourished people in India, the highest in the world. Let that fact digest when you distribute sweets on this occasion.
- About 282 million Indians are illiterate, to put this number in scale, it is more than Indonesia’s entire population. One in every three child labourers in the age group of 7-14 is illiterate, said a study based on Census data. Over one-third of Indian population living in rural areas cannot read or write. The harsh fact is that the drop in illiteracy rate has not matched the rise in population.
- Last but not the least, Corruption is flowing like blood into system. Does it matter to propose and get passed a powerful law or bill, when people know that it will not stand in the long run. Recently Motor bill passed, it is good to enhance the penalty for breaking rules, but people are now talking ” Sala ab 100 ki jagah 200 me maanega police wala“. So to implement some rules and make a change, please take a look into the system and refine it.
List Goes on…..
These may sound to be exaggerated, but that’s okay. Of course, there may be many reasons why I ought to feel proud of India, but personally, there are not many.
And yes we all know the truths but for saying it we need courage, and who take that initiate called Anti-national by their own peoples.
Hi, This is Ajay Pandey. I am a Blogger, Tech Geek, Crypto-Investor, an Entrepreneur and an Intellectual Person. Technology is my passion and am trying to deliver my knowledge to this field. In Academics, I have Done Engineering and MBA (Marketing).