Jio 4G is the new sensation of India; Everyone wants a Sim card to enjoy its bundled benefits till 31 of December. But as the offer is so shiny and Free word is also attached to it, people are getting Mad to grab this offer.
Due to the Excessive demand, the Outlet has implemented a token system which is quite helpful in avoiding excessive Rush.
In this Guide, we will try to cover all the doubts People having related to this Welcome Offer:
1. What is Welcome Offer:
Welcome offer has some catches which make it different from Preview Offer. A few things changed on September 5. Those who managed to get the Reliance Jio 4G SIM on or after September 5 have it running under Welcome Offer.
The Welcome Offer also comes with unlimited free data, but that unlimited comes with *Terms and Conditions. This means each day comes with a 4GB data limit, once you have consumed 4GB data the speeds downgraded to 128kbps.
2. Process of Getting SIM
After 5 September, Process become much simpler than previous because now SIM is activating in just 15 minutes through e-KYC. There are few steps which you have to follow:
- Generate Jio code on your 4G Phone and save it
- Bring this Code and Adhar Card to the Outlet.
- If you are lucky, you will get a SIM.
(This is the e-KYC process where you don’t need any documentation just original Adhar Card. Those who don’t have an Adhar Card would bring a valid ID proof and photo; this process will take time in activation maybe 5-10 days.)
3. How to Generate Jio Code on any 4G phone
We got some queries like Code is not generating in our phone or it is not saving on the phone etc.If you are also suffering these type of errors, please follow these guide.
Previously Jio SIM has available to selected brand so MyJIO app is designed to generate codes for only those phones. But as this offer is opened for everyone, now company has updated the app. Follow these steps to generate code:
- Download Latest Version (3.2.11) of My Jio App from Playstore
Note: Install all other Jio apps (JioCinema, JioTv, JioMusic, JioMoney etc) to generate jio welcome offer code.
- Now Open the App, Select your state and city
- Now a popup will appear, enter your name & mobile number
- You will receive a one-time password (OTP)
- Verify your number using OTP.
That’s it!! Your Jio Offer Code or Coupon Code will appear on your mobile screen.
If still, your phone is not generating the code, obey these steps:
Download the previous version of MyJio app by going to the following link: Download
But then, only installing this is also not enough because you have to be a bit tricky and ensure a couple of other things as well.
First – While installing this app and opening it for the first time, do not keep the Internet connection active. Turn it off and install the APK.
Second – Restart the phone after you have installed the app. Make sure you install the APK after you have deleted the original MyJio App.
Third – You have to download all the Jio Apps in the list to get the code finally. Only when you are going to tap on “Install All” option, activate the Internet.
After all apps are installed, close the MyJio App, Go to installed app – myJIO – click clear data and force close. Now open MyJio without internet connection you will see the option to Get Jio SIM. Connect to internet and click on that link.
On all Reliance Jio plans, voice calls are completely free, with no limits mentioned on voice usage. Data on postpaid plans is in line with their prepaid Jio counterparts as well – you have plans starting from Rs. 149 per month offering 300MB of data, all the way up to the plan at Rs. 4,999 per month, offering 75GB of data.
Read for more details: Jio 4G plans has been revealed by Ambani
5. Mobile Number Portability
As part of the Jio Welcome Offer, you can port your existing mobile number to Jio.
To port in,
- Send PORT [Mobile Number] to 1900 from your existing number which needs to be ported to Jio. A code will be sent to you, save it for future reference.
- Download MyJio app from Play Store or App Store and generate offer code.
- Walk into any of the Reliance Digital / Dx Mini / Preferred Jio retailer or prominent multi-brand Jio stores with the port out code and your Jio Welcome Offer code along with the handset.
You will need to submit a copy of Proof of Address, Proof of Identity and a photograph for availing your Jio SIM.
Few More Things to know:
- Reliance starts moving Jio users from Preview Offer to Welcome Offer which is also valid till 31 December.
- If your phone is not VoLTE enabled then Download Jio Join app from play store and use this app to make calls and messages.
- If you Phone is LTE supported and still showing Emergency call than Update your phone’s firmware and try again.
- IMEI is not getting locked with SIM number, means you can use SIM card on any phone after activating it.
- On one Aadhar Card you can activate 9 Jio SIM, but have to follow One day One SIM One Phone Rule.
- Through Jio Join only outgoing calls will be possible, no incoming calls on your phone if you don’t have a VoLTE Phone.
- Analysed few Problems while calling through Jio Join, calls disconnect automatically. Hopefully, in the future update they will resolve the problem.
It’s Enough for now. If you have more questions or doubts related to Jio please Write on our Comment section.
Hi, This is Ajay Pandey. I am a Blogger, Tech Geek, Crypto-Investor, an Entrepreneur and an Intellectual Person. Technology is my passion and am trying to deliver my knowledge to this field. In Academics, I have Done Engineering and MBA (Marketing).